Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Four Days 'till the Wedding in the Barn



I have not written is several days, because I have not hat that much going on.  K is finishing preparations for her wedding on Saturday.  As I get closer to the time when she will marry another man, I am feeling a strong sense of indifference.  I find I just want it to be over.


Both K and AJ have family coming in.  Every time K's parents come anywhere near her, she stress level goes through the roof.  I would be lying if I said that it had no impact on me, it does.  It is, however effecting me a lot less than in years past.  I will be glad when it is all over.  


She did get a little bit of support for me, even unwittingly.  One of the stresses she has is money, but and she has been running short.  She got a little boost when she was notified that my 401K was split and she portion was available for her to withdraw.  She took it.  She will use that money to pay for her wedding, probably her honeymoon and other expenses. 


From another angle, I am looking forward to the wedding event itself.  I think the biggest reason is having T there with me.  As K moves on to her new life, I will be there with my new life by my side.

No comments: