Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Wrap-up



I have to say, I had a really good Christmas.  My oldest son even posted on his Facebook page that this was the "best Christmas ever!".  As far as stuff goes, all the kids did really well.  K spent a lot of money.  I spent as much as I could afford, which was still a fair amount.  

AJ bought K a Nook Tablet.  I bought her a case for it. She, along with the kids bought me one of those Keurig coffee makers.  I love coffee and K took our good coffee maker.  She left me with AJ's shitty one which I promptly dropped in the trash.  The Keurig maker was actually something I wanted but would never have bought it myself.  My older sons picked out a nice set of handcrafted mugs to go with it.  I was pretty happy about it.

I stayed for Christmas dinner.  It was a nice dinner.  And while I did not feel completely at home, I was happy to be there with my kids (and K too).

After dinner, I got into my car and drove to T's house.  I did not make it for dinner at his house, but I was able to spend some nice time with him.  We had some alone time for a while before it was time for me to leave for home.  You can read his version here.

The remainder of the holiday week so far has been me spending a lot of time with the kids at K's house.  Playing with toys and being together.  Sometimes K was there but a lot of the time she left to do something else.

Next week they go back to school and the week after that, I'm starting school. I can hardly wait.


1 comment:

TwoLives said...

I'm glad your holidays were so terrific! And to have your oldest say it was his best Christmas ever? Wow!