Monday, June 17, 2013

Educational Things

I worked all day today.  K worked too.  The kids are out of school for the summer.  My older 2 boys are fine left on their own.  My daughter went to day camp.  My youngest son came to work with me.  I usually work alone in my office so there was not problem bringing him with me.  I set up him in the conference, connecting his laptop to the big screen monitor that we usually use for video conferencing across the Atlantic Ocean.  

When the day was over I took him back to K's house and I did some work while I waited for her to come home with my daughter.  I was just getting into a work groove, when the doorbell rang.  Ugh.  K's f-ing dogs when crazy and would not stop barking.  

Once I got the dogs under control (I was afraid they would eat who ever was at the door.) I looked up to see a very young and cute Asian kid.  I'm guessing he was early 20's.  He was slim, with a muscular chest clearly visible under this too tight cotton t-shirt.  He wore Khaki shorts and a name tag with this picture that said, "Joshua."  

He thought I was AJ, who he has spoken to last week.  It turns out he was selling something he claimed would make the kids do better in school and make doing their homework faster.

Joshua:  If I could show you something to help your kids do better in school,  you would want to know more about that, right?

Me:  I guess so.  You know, you'd have better luck if you took off your shirt.

Joshua: I'm sorry. What?

Me:  What?    Oh... Nothing.   Honestly my ex-wife usually deals with school type stuff.  Maybe you could come back tomorrow afternoon and talk to her about it.  

Joshua:  OK.  Then I'll come back tomorrow.  

And with that he turned and walked away.  

(Mostly) true story.

5 comments:

T said...

Go live with him!

T said...

:)

Adon said...

I don't know how old your two older kids are. My parents thought I was ok at home alone at 13. I thought I was ok but they would have died if they had known that I was fooling around with my best friend (the boy next door)when they were at work during our summer vacation.

Biki Honko said...

Hahahahaha!!! The shirt off bit is hysterical!

Heidi Systo said...

Thaanks for this