Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sick



Since last Tuesday I have been sick. I would usually feel OK in the morning, and then deteriorate throughout the day.  Last night was the worst.  It was so bad it drove me to the doctor.  And not just any doctor, the Urgent Care doctor.  T was giving me a hard time about me not wanting to go.  Then I had K giving me a hard time too.  So I went.  Mostly to get them to shut up.

After hanging around a long time I finally got to see the doctor.  I am not exactly sure what I was waiting for, since as far as I could tell there were no other patients in the whole place.


After running several tests he did not know what was wrong with me, but guessed it was some kind of infection.  He gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way.


I was really feeling awful and alone.  T offered to come up and be with me.  I thought that was a very nice offer.  While I would have been delighted to see him I knew 2 things.  He has a shit load of work to do and he would get none of done at my house.  I was going to be asleep by the time he got here and I was not going go be good company at all.  Another thing... I did not want him to get what I have.  He does not have time to be sick and I would hate for him to get it.


I love that he was going to come and I love him very much.


Today I have felt crappy, but at 6:30 pm, I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday at the same time. I am taking that as a good sign.  I have to teach classes all day for the next 5 days.  Because I work for a very small company, there is no one else who can teach it for me.  Because I have vacation planned for next week, I can't reschedule the classes.


Even writing this has been exhausting.  I'm going back to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're sick. I hope whatever it is, that the antibiotics work. Sending good thoughts.