Friday, February 17, 2012

Busy Week



This is the office building in Cambridge where my company has an office.  I found out the business office is in London, but the engineering office is here.  I like this office better.  People are packed in like sardines, but everyone is working hard for a big roll-out they company has coming up.  


I am enjoying my time in England.  Everyone here is super nice to me.  I have been introduced to some of the most wonderful food like "bangers and mash"




I have been taking pictures of all lot of the food I have eaten on this trip.  It's not very pretty, but it was incredible!!!


Today my American co-workers flew home, so I am here alone.  I usually don't mind traveling for business alone, but usually it's just for a 3 or 4 days.  Not 2 weeks.  I miss my kids.  I miss K.


Most of all, I miss T.  I miss him a lot.  He is doing his best to keep in touch.  Between the long hours he works and the 5 hour time difference, it is not easy.  I bought an international texting plan before I left.  It was expensive and I almost didn't get it.  I'm glad I did.  Being able to text with him is all that is keeping getting depressed with loneliness.


I have not had much time to be depressed though.  I have been working hard during the day and into the evening.  Then dinner with my American co-workers (who are now gone) and then it's into bed.  Then up early the next morning to do it all over again.


There are a lot of Asian people here.  Most of them are younger.  Probably students at the colleges that make up Cambridge University.  Most of them are people I pass on the side walk and they hurry past me on their way to where-ever they are headed.  In there cases where I see they are talking, I strain to hear.  What is cooler than an Asian guy speaking with a British accent?  No luck though.  All the people I have heard talking are speaking a language other than English.


Tomorrow, I am going to get up early and hop a train to London.  I'm going to head the London Eye.




I'ts just across the river from Big Ben and other touristy things in London.  I really don't have a plan and I'm just going to see where my feet take me.  I am just hoping that the rain will hold off.


I am hoping it will be fun.  I am going to do my best, but I know I will not be able to stop thinking how much I wish T was here with me to share it.

No comments: