Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Church Overload





The church where K works is having their Vacation Bible School. Because it would look bad if the Youth Director's kids don't go, our kids have to go. Which means I have to go. Sunday was the first day and it goes every evening thru Thursday. I have to run out to the church right after work and I don't get home until after 10:00. Ugh!!

The church people like me, but only the pastor knows I'm gay. A very few others know K and I are divorcing. I still feel a little out of place. I have made a job for myself. I brought my good camera and I have become the "official" photographer. I enjoy it and it keeps me moving so I don't have to talk to anyone. Kinda sad, huh?

Like a lot of gay people, I'm suspicious of religion. Keeping in mind that religion is not a creation of God but of man. Let's face it, in the news, it is the religious people who want to string up people like me. That said, I think it is nice to see so many people being brought together by their faith. Everyone is friendly. Everyone is loving. Everyone is working together. The positive potential of religion is powerful. It's too bad there are a few that want to beat others over the head with the bible. 

No comments: