Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Sorrow

So can I just whine for a minute?


This has actually turned into a busy weekend.  My sister, her husband and their 2 kids are here for a visit.  They are not sleeping at my house (there's really no room), but they are spending most of their time with us. I usually only get to see them once a year when I am home at summer time.  Since we don't get that many visitors, it is really nice when someone come here to visit.  I am glad that she came, and even though it is pretty low key, I am enjoying their visit.


The kids, particularly the little kids, are happy their cousins are here for them to play with.  My older kids are more interested in hanging out with my sister and her husband (who is a cop which my boys think that's cool.).


The visit is going well, but my kids are not behaving as well as I would like.  The younger two are always fighting, but this weekend it seems like it is more.  Or at least it is bugging me more.  K has not been around much, partly due to work but also because of recreational activities.  In fairness she did take the kids to the horse barn and let them take turns riding.  She likes to do that, so that worked out pretty well.


Last night, T came to spend the evening with us.  We all went to a pizza place the kids like for dinner and then to a movie.  Again everything went well, but as soon as the movie was over, T left.  While I am glad he came, I wished he had stayed a little longer.  I know he left so I could focus more attention on my sister and nephews, and I know he thought he was being considerate, I still wish he would have stayed longer.  But, on the other hand, I am glad he came at all.  I guess I should consider my glass to be half full.


The movie we saw tonight was Gnomeo & Juliet.  As I kissed T good night, all I could think about was the line from the actual Shakespeare play: 


"Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow." 

1 comment:

T said...

If you think about it, your glass is more than half-full now. Enjoy the positive in our lives now, Jim. Smile.
Whenever you feel lonely, learn Korean so you won't have to guess what we talk about at the dinner table.
I love you.
P.S. My mom thanked you for the fresh picked onions.