Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Clues



My parents are moving to a new house. They closed on the new house yesterday. The movers come in about 2 weeks. Once they are out of the old house, they will sell it. My sister and I were helping my mom pack. Today we worked on the basement.

Like a lot of people I have been storing crap in my parent's basement. One of those things is a bar I build with a friend in college. Before my Junior year, My dad had a bunch of extra lumber at the house and said I could have it. He did not ask what I was going to build and I am not sure he would has approved a bar that was to be placed in my dorm room. By the time he got back, it was already done. The bar was a sturdy structure. The legs were pressure treated 4x4's, the top was 2x6 and it was all held together with two and a half inch drywall screws. On the top, I secured a piece of masonite, which is flat back. Since I wanted the top to be shiny and a little colorful, I used a pack of model model airplane paint. In the end, it looked like this:


Today, I had to take the bar apart so we could take it to the dump. I removed the top and decided to save it. I was thinking I might frame part of it. It's art, right?

"Yeah. Gay art." my sister chuckled.

I wondered if this was not just another sign I should have seen years ago.

3 comments:

T said...

I know you're going to get me for this, but I'm going to say it: "Jim, you had a boyfriend. How many more signs did you need?"... :)))

JustAMike said...

It's straight-out art - you should save it!
:-)

Buddy Bear said...

I love it! Save it, not just for its artistic value but for the memories.