Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Conflicting Clarity

There are times that I feel like I am of two minds on some things.  Earlier this week I wrote about how I have some concerns about my kids and K moving out of the house.  On the other hand, there are times when I look around and I am asking myself, "Are you people still here?"


I know that may sound wrong, but I can't help it.  I think as the date gets closer and closer, now less than 2 weeks away, I am thinking more and more about my new life.


On Monday I am going to join a gay bowling league.  I am very much looking forward to that.  In addition to bowling, which I enjoy, I hope I will be able to do some gay networking.


This week has been Pride week in Charlotte.  (I'm not sure I have ever mentioned I live near Charlotte)  This Saturday there is a Pride Festival.  They do not have a parade here, they have a something like a festival on private property so as to reduce interference from protesters.  Again, I think that I may find out about clubs, groups, or something that will help me 


As time goes on, I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea that I will be alone in my house for a while.  Of course I am not as bad off as I could be.  K and the kids will be near by and my relationship with them is very good.


Of course, there is also T.  I can't forget about him.  His love has and will continue to sustain me.  From reading the blogs, I know that I have something that other gay men want.  I appreciate him very much.

1 comment:

Buddy Bear said...

Being a parent, especially when your kids are very young, is an 'all or nothing' proposition. It seems to keep you occupied 24/7.

To have a little bit of time to yourself is a good thing. Since our separation, my wife and I quite enjoy a day or two when we're completely alone... but not too many days alone in a row.