Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting Myself Together

About 3 years ago I lost about 50 pounds. I still needed to lose the last 20, but 50 pounds lights and I looked a lot better that I did.  I has gone from a 40 inch waist to 34.  I was going to the gym every morning before work, I could walk up several flights of stairs with out getting winded and I really felt good about myself.   I was at that weight when I met T and he told me how good I looked then.


That was about the time that K and I realized that our marriage was not what we thought it was and all hell started to break loose.  Also my oldest son started going to another school that did not provide a bus, so I had to bring him to school every morning disrupting my gym routine.


In the past 18 months I put 40 of the pounds I lost back on and I look and feel like shit.  I was back up to a 38 inch waist.  I had to do something about it.  Last month I stated reducing, by a lot the amount of food I ate.  As of this morning i have lost a 15 pounds and I think I can get back into 36 inch pants.  


Today after work I stared phase 2, I went to the gym after work.  I did only 30 min on the elliptical machine (see me on the machine here?) but I thought I was going to die.  I have lost all of the endurance I built when I was working out before.  It's very depressing because I worked really hard on that.  Once my workout was done and I was on my drive home, I felt really good about myself.  Glad that I did it.


Now that T is no longer my boyfriend and I have to start looking for another one, this is as good a time as any to start.


It's time to get my life and my body back in order.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Great start Jim. Steady exercise is great as a stress reliever. As you get back in shape, you will develop increased self confidence. This will allow you to continue to move forward, make some of those difficult decisions that you are struggling with and finally be able to jump off the fence.

Jeff said...

BTW Jim...if that's you in the picture I'm going to get in line for a date with you! ;-)

jim said...

I wish I looked that good!! LOL!!

JR said...

I wish I was closer to you...I'd apply for the position....seriously....

manxxman said...

There are lots of guys that are going to be applying for "that" position.....

Exercise also help relieve depression.