Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Walking the Road

I have been thinking about my journey and some of the things that T and I talked about last weekend.  He thinks I still have a way to go, but he also thinks that I am making good progress and doing the right things.


He thinks that it is good that I am working hard to be supportive of her and begin there for K as much as I can.  I do that because I want to (she is my best friend) not to mention it is the right thing to do.  I don't expect that I will stop anytime soon.  I expect that I will be much closer to K and most gay men are with their ex-wives.  


This has been one of my goals all long.  Even if I find the perfect partner (whether this is T or not) I doubt I could be happy if I had a hostile relationship with K.  I think I am doing many of the right things.  Of course I am still working on making things better for me and her and the kids.  


K and I are still considering the possibility of houses where we can both live with the kids and each have our own space and lives.  Will that work forever?  Probably not.  I expect I will either commit to T or I will start dating and find a man who can be my partner and i will want to be with him.  I think that sooner or later, K will start dating and I think it will be easy for her to find a man that will love her in the way she wants and deserved.  When that happens, I doubt she (and/or her new man) will really want the gay ex-husband hanging around all the time.


For the time being, I will keep walking the road in the best way I know how.

1 comment:

manxxman said...

I'd say you're doing a great job of being mindful of K and her needs. T appears to be moving forward also. I remember previous postings in which, whilst he enjoyed you as a "boyfriend" he was also hesitant about that situation.

Keep up the good work.