Friday, August 7, 2009

Rest and Recharge in my favorite place



This is one of my most favorite places in the world. This is Fahi Pond in Embdon, Maine. My family owns a chunk of on this lake.

As a kid we would go there on family vacations. My parents and my younger sister would go and spend 2 weeks in August every year. I stopped going when I was in college, but started going again after I got married. K is not a camping kind of girl but she made a good effort and only complained a little.

Once kids came, we could take them every year for several years. It all ended when the company I was working for went out of business and I ended up taking job in North Carolina, 1,100 miles away 6 years ago.

I'M GOING BACK IN 6 DAYS!!!!!

I am so happy and I really need a vacation bad, really bad.

I'm little nervous though, I will be going with the kids... and no other adults... 1,100 miles... in a mini van. That sounds like fun, right? K will not be able to come. She has a job that she just started and she will not be able to get away. It would have been really cool if T could have come with me, but as I mentioned he owns his own business and he can't get away either. His business is growing and he things he will be able to hire some additional staff so he can take a vacation. I would love to bring him there and share with him my favorite place.

I will be up there with my sister, her husband and her 2 boys. I am hoping my parent will go too, but my father have been ill lately and he may not have recovered enough to make the trip or be that far out in the woods.

As a side note, K will not be home alone. Her friend D will be visiting while I'm gone. Before you ask, yes I'm fine with it and I hope they have a good time.


No comments: