Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feeling Thankful

So it's Thanksgiving again and as I look back over the turmoil of the past 19 months I can see I still have a lot of be thankful for.

I was born into a great family. We never had a lot of money, but we had enough. We never took fancy trips, but we went places together. Life growing up was not perfect, but the older I get I see it it was pretty damn good. Now, my family is not only supporting of me in my coming out and the new chapter of my life, they are eager to be supportive to K too. (K is having a hard time accepting that support, but I know in time she will.) How cool is that?

I have grown a good family of my own too. I have 4 great kids (most of the time anyway) and they are all connected to each other. Of course they have the same problems that all siblings have, but they do pretty well.

Despite all our current problems, K is still one of the best things that has happened to me. She has been a fan from the beginning and I am her biggest fan. I have been blessed to be with my best friend for almost 18 years. We still like be together and I know (hope) we will always be close no matter what direction life takes us. Even though our marriage will not survive, I will alway love, honor and cherish her.

I am thankful for T on so many levels. He has patiently supported me for the past year and a half asking very little in return. Our relationship survives on very little and yet I know I am in love with him and he is in love with me. While our situation is not perfect either, he as shown what real love is about. Because of him I know that butterfly feeling in the fit of your stomach when you see the one you are in love with. I think a lot about the day when we can really be together and really be partners in life.

I have a good job with a stable company. To make it better, for the most part, I really like my job too.

I have good friends, even though most of them don't know who I really am.

I am making new friends. I am SOOOOOO thankful for the friends I have made since I have started this blog just over 5 months ago. The support I have received from people whom I have never met in person and maybe very far away has been wonderful. It has helped me feel a lot less alone in the world. Even though I know the path I am on I must walk alone, finally being able to see there are many other sets of footprints on the path, gives me hope and strength to keep going.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone, and to God, for the blessings in my life.

1 comment:

manxxman said...

God bless you also..........