Monday, November 2, 2009

Just a friend who wants to help


Several months ago T bought a new house for his family. He found it as a foreclosure that was in decent shape but needed work and he got it for a really low price. Since then he has been thinking that he can buy some cheap real estate, fix it up, rent it for a while and then sell it as retirement income. One of the differences between him and I is he makes a shit load more money than me. Except for his REALLY nice house, he does not show it. He drives a Toyota with well over 200,000 miles on it for example.

When he called me the other day he was thinking about me moving out of my house. He told me he was thinking about buying a house near where I live now, and I could rent it from him. When I told him I could not afford the rent on a whole house, he told me not to worry about it. How nice is that?

Yesterday, I asked him if he was serious. He told me he was and had been thinking about for a long time. I think this is a big deal and if it were anyone else, I would think he might have a ulterior motive. I might think he was using his money and my situation to offer me a really good opportunity that I could otherwise never afford. I worried that one day he will think of me as a leach. But he does not think that way. His family came to this county with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They had nothing. They all worked their asses off and now all but one of his 7 siblings have advanced professional degrees and high paying jobs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at a house with a room for rent. It was OK, very close to the house I live in now (about 5 min away). The room was OK. It was a price I can afford (including all utilities). I would get a room and a full back. Before I went over there I told the guy I am gay and he said he didn't care. It was not fancy, it's a small house, but I don't need much.

Looking at the house made me sad. Looking at a new place, makes it more real that I am leaving my family. Being gay sucks.

1 comment:

manxxman said...

Yeah, being gay...and different does suck. Having to make changes in life sucks also.....it's uncomfortable and uncomforting. But being real and being able to breath is the real thing. Keep moving forward.