Friday, January 1, 2010

Gotta Love Mom...

I called my mother this afternoon to fill her in on the turn my situation has taken. I explained it all to her, my living on the fence metaphor, the options we (K and I) discussed with her therapist, and what we had finally settled on.

She listened, she understood, she let me know that she loved me, and asked what kind of support I needed. (How sweet is that?) We talked about how hard it is going to be over the next year as we work on the separation. Hard for me and hard for K.

The she asked me if I was still seeing T. I told her I was actually going to see him tomorrow. She told me that she has a vision of him and I together and it makes her feel happy. I thought that was really nice and it made me happy too.

On another note, K is not at all happy with me. She has not said much about anything since Wednesday, but I can tell. She has been short and our conversations have been very transactional. I know that she will be angry for a while and I know there is not much I can do to help her, even thought I want to.

I have no doubt that we are moving the right direction, no matter how painful it will be now, but it also kills me to see her hurting so much. I don't know if I should just stay out of her way or if I should be there for her to talk to (assuming she wants to). For the time being I am being as helpful as I can with the kids and leaving her alone. I encouraged her to go and ride her horse this evening and I would make dinner, for example.

I am hopeful for a good 2010 and beyond, but I know there is a lot of unpaved road ahead.

3 comments:

RB said...

Wow!! You can discuss this with your mom?? Amazing. I could never do that. You are lucky for that relationship.

jim said...

If I had known how supportive my family was going to be I would have come out when I was 16.

manxxman said...

Of course there will be difficult times......but there will be good times also..........and you can finally start being who you really are.....