Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Awesome!

It almost seems like a Tuesday night ritual.  After work I go to visit T.


I met him at his office and drove him home, where I ate dinner with his family.  After dinner we watched Food network on his couch while he worked on the paperwork he brought home from the office.  


He sat close to me, with his back to me and leaning against my side as I was facing the TV.  While I was watching Iron Chef America (crab was the secret ingredient) I had my arm around him and I absently rubbed his chest and abs as he worked.  He had two boxes of medical charts and lab reports to work on and as he finished each one, he would lean back and kiss me before moving on to the next one. 


I was about half way through the action in Kitchen Stadium and it occurred to me how extraordinarily ordinary it was for us to be together like that.  Just two people in love being together on a Tuesday evening.


When the time came for me to leave, we kissed good night and I told him what a perfectly wonderful evening I had.  As I pulled away from his house I texted K to let her know I was on my way.


Me: I'm on my  way. Do you need anything?


K: Nope. Kids in bed. Did you have a good night?


Me: Awesome!!  :-)


Me: And we didn't even have sex...


K: LOL


Again, how extraordinarily ordinary for me to have an exchange like that with my best friend after I had a really good date with my boyfriend.


There is something truly amazing that happens when you find out who you really are and where you're supposed to be.

No comments: