Sunday, March 6, 2011


For the past 3 week I have have been having trouble sleeping.  I don't really know why.  Generally I wake up in the night and after about 20 min or so, I am able to go back to sleep.  A couple of nights I have been up longer.  But twice, I have not been able to go back to sleep... and I don't know why.  Tonight, well, I guess it's is really this morning, is one of the bad nights.

I went to see T last night, and that was nice.  He was not feeling well, so I did not stay too long.  When I got home I watched a little TV, ate a snack and then went to bed around 12.  I did drink a soda with caffeine and that could cause problems, but at this point that would have worn off. 

Right now, it is 4:30am.  I woke up at 2:30 and by 3:30 I got out of bed and went down stairs.  By this time I was even having problems keeping my eyes closed.  

So now I am watching the political shows I recorded Friday night from MSNBC and hoping they will make me sleepy.  Wish me luck.





2 comments:

SC Guy said...

Sleep--or lack thereof--seems to be one of the many challenges on this "journey". Here again, you are not alone. I have always slept well....until I realy started processing my feelings and truly accepting who I am. I also often wake up in the middle of the night with the wheels seemly spinning out of control. Usually I get back to sleep just as that alarm rings the next morning. Sucks!

Hopefully this all subsides in time. As you are way ahead of me in this proces, I'll look to you for answers to that question.

Hang in there!

adarknessinthelight said...

I avoid all caffiene after 5pm. I find even after 6 hours it can still affect my sleeping patterns, especially tea.