Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lazy Day



K has been gone for the weekend.  Her team is at a tournament about a four hour drive from here and I have been at home with the kids.


Last night, T came to my house after he was done with work.  When he arrived, all the kids were out of the house enjoying the nice day outside.  We enjoyed some quick, but long awaited "private time" (It's nice that men are always ready to go!!).  After the kids returned we all went to dinner at a local pizza joint and then saw a movie with everyone.


After the movie T left knowing he had to get up early the next morning and the time change was going to complicate that for him.  I stayed up for another hour and then I went to bed.  I slept like a baby for the first time in a month.  It was wonderful.  I woke up once to use the bathroom and immediately fell back into a restful sleep.  I woke up around 8:30 (7:30 before the time change) feeling really good.


Today, I was determined to do a little at possible.  That was not totally an option because I had a ton of laundry piled up, but other than that, I did not get a lot accomplished.  I took my younger kids to a playground at the local YMCA.   I made a quick dinner and got everyone in the bath and shower.


K will be home later tonight, hopefully before the kids go to bed.  


It was pretty busy, but I did manage to get about an hour to play "Need For Speed" on the X-box.




After playing it for an hour on Friday and again this afternoon, I can see why the kids like to so much.  I may try to sneak in a little more time before bed tonight.


All in all it was a good day with the kids. 

2 comments:

Uncutplus said...

I am wishing for you a second great night of sleep tonight! Sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

you really had a bloody good time, spending time with your daughter,having a "private time" and still had time to played x-box....lucky you!