Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who's Sleeping In My House?

This afternoon my roommates showed up.  I have rented a room in my house to this young couple that is moving to my town from England.  (They are originally from California, but were living in England)  They needed a place to stay while they look for something else and they wait for their stuff to cross the pond.


They arrived today.  I talked to them briefly this afternoon, before I had to leave.  When I got back they were up in their room and I have not heard much from them.  I know they split a pizza, because my house smelled like pizza when I go home.


This is the first time I have ever had to live with anyone who is not my family, since I was in college.  Of course, unlike when I was in school I am not sharing a bedroom, but they are still in the house.


Now, in the brief time I talked to them, they seemed really nice and I sure it will be OK.  They are staying about 2 month, maybe 3.


Another change that I am getting used to.  


sigh

1 comment:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Jim: Just remember that it may be as uncomfortable for them as it is for you...

I was in the odd position to have to rent a "room" (from someone else) after my separation. The first was very uncomfortable, as I felt my room was my only space. After I moved down to this area I asked my new "landlord" if I also had use of the common areas, "Of course you do" she said... Sometimes you have to make them feel comfortable, before you can feel that same comfort...

Love ya DUDE... Tom