Monday, November 21, 2011

Absolute Divorce & Thanksgiving



I told you that last Monday was the official court date when K and I would be officially divorced.  I was told by my lawyer that it happened as planned, but until today I could not prove it.  I got the official paperwork today.  So now it is done.  I need to go back and update the header on the blog to reflect my new single status.  (Except I am not really single, am I)


---------------------------------------------------------------------


Thanksgiving is coming up and this will be different from years past.  Lat year, you may remember, I was home with the kids and K was on a cruise with AJ.  My parents were here with me and the kids.


This year I am divorced.  I talked to my mother this afternoon and I think she was worried that I might be spending Thanksgiving alone.  I am actually going to be having a busier holiday than usual.  


I will be going to K's house in the first half of the day.  She is roasting a turkey in the oven and AJ is deep frying an second one.  K has planned to eat in the early afternoon.


After that, I will be going to T's house.  I am not sure what they will be having, but I understand that his family does not really like turkey.  I am actually, looking forward for to dinner there.  It will be a big surprise for me.   I'm sure whatever it is, it will be good.


This will be the first holiday that T and I will spend together.  Well, at least part of it.  I think the day will be special and I am really looking forward to it.


I wonder if T will wear my favorite apron.

4 comments:

T said...

This guy's butt is too huge, it's ugly, Jim. My butt is just right. Yeah, just right...Grrr.

JustAMike said...

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you!!

TwoLives said...

It sounds like you're going to have an ideal Thanksgiving. Or two. Would you have imagined this was possible three years ago?

As I conjured a mental picture of you, K, AJ, his daughter and your kids all sitting down to dinner together, it made me realize that you haven't said much about the kids lately. This has been a HUGE year for them. Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas are such important and symbolic family events that it makes me wonder if any of the kids feel nostalgic for the past, or, if they're happier because you and K are happier? Or maybe neither - maybe they're engrossed in their own worlds and the changes over the past year haven't been that big of a deal to them?

cum.lover said...

Congratulations, Jim! & Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad that all these wonderful things are coming your way. You've been a long time waiting, haven't you?!