Saturday, September 12, 2009

You are so gay.


I got a call from my oldest son's school today. He threw food at another boy during lunch. The teacher told be the other boy called my son a name and my son responded by throwing food. She did not tell me what the name was. At the time I did not think it mattered, no one should be throwing food in school. (not at home either)

I called K to let her know and she talked about it with my son when he got home from school. Apparently the other boy called him gay.

I have 4 kids. The older 2 are adopted and they good kids but immature for their age. My oldest did not know what "gay" meant. All he knew was that when people use that word, they don't use it in a nice way. He thought is meant stupid or something similar. K explained it to him, and I'm not sure he felt better. "Just because I don't have a girlfriend, does not mean I like boys!!" he said.

The she went on to tell him that being gay was not a bad thing, it's just how some people are. I'm not sure he believed it, but we'll see. Sometimes when he is told things, he need a little while to think about it and then he will come back and ask more questions.

I'm not sure how I feel about all this, but I think it may have added to my discomfort about my own situation.

No comments: