Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Light at the End of the Week



At the end of a long, hard week, it is nice when it has a good ending.


When I went to bed last night, I did not have a very good feeling about myself.  I was scared about my relationship with my children.  I was scared about my relationship with K and I had not seen T in almost 48 hours.


When I get up this morning, however, things seemed more normal.  My daughter seemed no worse for wear as she came bounding over to me asking for eggs for breakfast.  That started my morning on a up swing.  I then took my youngest son with me on an errand and while I was there I met up with K who was coming back from a sleepover at AJ's house.  (Must have been his birthday present.)  Then we (Me, K & kid) drove out to K's church for lunch at their hot dog fundraiser.  After that, I took a quick shower and headed off to get T at his office for an evening together.




In order to get away from everyone, I booked a room.  We went there after a really nice dinner.  After doing what gay men sometimes do in hotel rooms, we laid together for a long time and talked.  Several hours, actually.  We did not have the TV on.  We did not have any lights on.  We did not have any clothes on.   We talked about everything.  It was one of the best conversations we have had together in a long time.  For that time, all the drama in our respective lives was melted away.  We just talked about out thoughts.  We talked about things we did or things that happened in college and other points in our respective pasts.  We talked about our future together (a very important topic for me).


BTW, if you were curious about what T looks like, he posted his picture on his blog.  No, you cannot ask him out.


As the hours tonight ticked by and my skin felt the warmth of his, I thought about my blog from the other day.  I thought about how it must have sounded.  Like I was seriously considering dumping T for the unknown prospective partner.  After the evening I just finished, it is simply ridiculous to picture myself with anyone else. 

2 comments:

T said...

I didn't know gay men play monopoly and do crossword puzzles like we did in their hotel rooms. Did you complain to the manager about the broken AC? It was so hot I had to be naked. By the way, I didn't know you had a chasity belt.
:))

jim said...

I love monopoly!!