Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sick Boyfriend

T called me tonight.  He is not feeling well.  He might have the flu or he might just be sleep deprived.    I wanted to come and hold him.  Make him chicken soup.   Make sure he has everything he needs.


If we lived together, I would do that.  I would take good care of him.  And what's more I would be glad to do it.


I then started thinking back to my marriage to K.  If my memory serves, I have helped her through at least 4 serious surgery (with recovery time in weeks).  That does not count delivering 2 babies by c-section.  In all cases I helped her to the bathroom.  I changes badges.  I helped her in the shower.


The point is, when my partner needs me, there is nothing else on my mind.  Nothing is more important.  I miss work.  I skip other things I like and focus my attention on their needs.  I do the same things with my kids.  When someone close to me needs me, I am there.


That brings me back to T.  I very much want to take care or him.  I want to be there to bring him soup.  I want to be there to cuddle with him as he tries to sleep.  But I can't.  He lives over an hour away so I cannot be with him when he is sick, no matter how much I want to.


One day I will take care of him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet guy you are.
Since you are going to meet him on Saturday, make the chicken soup and then let him sleep in your lap.
You can call him and sing him a lullaby since he asked for it!

jim said...

I would have to play a recording of a lullaby. My singing might make him sicker.

T said...

I know you would make soup and take care of me. I love you. When you are sick, I will make you soup, and I will do something else to make you better, a lot better.

Nik_TheGreek said...

yes, you will