Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Looked At One For You...

The town I live in used to be a little southern town.  It is much larger now, but it still has a very cool Main Street area that feels very small town-ish.  It has an old family run hardware store, a couple of restaurants, a jewelry store, a tattoo parlor, and two barber shops.  


Every Friday in December they have events on Main Street.  There are horse drawn wagon rides, free popcorn & cotton candy and the school kids sign Christmas carols.   Last night My youngest son's 3rd grade class was singing on the sidewalk in front of the Citizen's Center.  As the music teacher was getting all the kids together, I noticed that there are apartments over some of the shops.


"I wonder what it would be like to live there?" I asked K only half way out loud.


She looked over and said, "I looked at one for you in that building over there." pointing to a window with a light on.


SHE DID WHAT????


"I was really mad." she said when she saw the surprise in my face.


Apparently in the early days of my coming out, when I had broken the rules and fallen in love with T, she was pretty pissed off and she was looking of a place for me to live.  Her plan was that one day I would come home from work and she hand me the key and tell me to get my crap out of the house.


Fortunately for both of us she did not stay that angry for long.

No comments: