Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Hate Sleeping Alone



For 190 nights I have been sleeping alone, except for 2 nights T and I spent together over Labor Day.  While I generally sleep well, I hate it.

  • I hate having the covers all the myself.
  • I hate not hearing my partner snore next to me.
  • I hate not waking up when my partner gets up to go to the bathroom at night.

I mean it!! 

  • I also like drifting off in the arms of my love.
  • I like talking about my day, politics or whatever while I unwind for the evening
  • Hearing the deep, rhythmic breathing of my partner when I wake up in the middle of the night is comforting.
I was kind of getting used to it, accepting that this was how it was going to be for me for a long while.  When K got back from her cruise, she was complaining about sleeping alone.  Apparently for the 9 days she was gone she slept with AJ, in spite of the fact she was sharing a cabin with his daughter.  She has been sleeping alone for as long as I have and it is clear that she hates it as much as I do.



Given my current situation, it seems I will just have to get used to it.  It will be a long time before I will have a partner in my bed on a regular basis.

No comments: