Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Taste of the Gay Cesspool


I think the Craigslist personal section is generally a swirling cesspool of homo debauchery.  I read through them sometimes, just for the fun of it.  I'm not sure why exactly.  Even if i was not with T, I would not respond to the guy who's wife was out for 2 hours and wants a quickie blow job.  

There is another section that I read sometimes more closely.  The "Strictly Platonic" section.  I figured there might be other gay guys like me there looking for friends.  There usually is not much that interests me, but I have written to 2 or 3 guys.  I am always up front about my basic history.  

Gay

Coming out after being married... with kids

Going through a friendly divorce

Result?  Not one has written back to me... until today.  As I was scanning the other day, I saw one that caught my eye

"Coming out late in life, 50 (my town)"

I opened it.  This was a guy who claimed he was looking for friends.  He said he was not looking for romantic relationships, as he had recently had some poor ones.  I wrote to him.  I like with the others I told him the quick version of my story.  I told him I also was not looking for a romantic relationship since I already had one that was going pretty well.

After a few days I figured he would not respond, but he did.  I opened the email he sent me and quickly wished he had not bothered to wrote back.  Here is what he wrote:

"Stats?  Send pic to get mine."

That's it?  Really?  I suddenly felt dirty.  If he is interested in meeting people and making friends, why does he need my stats?  And what stats did he want?  If he wanted to know how big my cock is, why did he not just ask?  Honestly, I was not expecting him to tell me his whole life story in the first email, but I was hoping for a little more.

I guess even the platonic section of Craigslist is a cesspool.

3 comments:

Biki Honko said...

What a sneaky way of meeting men. Sigh the lack of tact some humans display.

MiddleMan said...

Maybe he only meant your height, weight and age? In any case, I get would tune out to when someone asks for my stats since they are not that impressive. I have been reading all the sections in CL for entertainment purposes only. You have someone, you don't need to troll around there any longer.

Anonymous said...

If I were T I'd be pissed dude,