Sunday, May 1, 2011

Simplicity

Last night T and I spent most of the afternoon and evening together.


We went shopping for plants for his garden.  We drove to a private place for private time (wink, wink).  We drove to another store to look at more plants.  We went back to his house expecting to have dinner there, but his family (thinking that we eaten out) had already finished dinner.  We headed out to have a nice quiet diner just to two of us.  


Since it was about 6:30 on a Saturday, there were lots of people out and the places we thought about stopping were pretty packed.  Even the chain restaurants were filled up.


As were were waiting at at Chili's, we looked at each other and at the same time, we decided that the McDonald's next door was sounding pretty good.  So we went.


I am not one that needs, or even likes to have dinner in someplace too fancy. (Any where I can't wear shorts is too fancy for me.)  I do, however, like to sit down and order from a menu and wait for the food to be prepared...after I order it.  But last night there was something about being at McDonald's with him that made it special.  I liked to watch T line up the sauce containers and methodically dip each nugget in all 3 before eating it.  I really do take delight in the simplest things.


After dinner we went back to his house, chose a movie from his sister's collection, (Clash of the Titians (remake)) and hung out on his couch.  It was very nice to just be with him.

1 comment:

Biki Honko said...

Happiness that is found in small acts of love and kindness can mean ever so much more.

I'm glad your at peace again with your life. We all struggle against our bindings, but once we relax, it all seems so much easier.