Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bi-Curious

One of the running, inside jokes that T and I have, is that I am not really gay at all.  I am bi-curious.  


Years ago when I was trolling AdultFriendFinder for men to hook up with (with K's permission) I usually listed myself as bisexual or bi-curious.  What a joke.  It was total bull shit, but at the time I believed it.  I just could not get my head around me being gay.  


One of the things that T talks about, and thinks is funny, is the guys online who have been curious for years, even decades.  It's not really funny in a humorous way, but in a ironic sense.   


While I agree there are some people who are truly bisexual, but I think many, of not most, of the people claiming to be bi are not.  They are gay people who cannot admit to themselves the truth.    But there is something about being bisexual that says that I can still live a normal life.  I can still be like everyone else.  But for many of us, it is just not true.


Looking back, my "bisexual" days were dark days.  I am glad they are behind me.  

9 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Funny you mention the bi-curious label... I think you are right that for some (like me) it is/was a safety net of sorts. Wives are much more accepting if that label is used. For some (women) it may actually be a turn on. But, drop the "Gay Bomb" and things all change (or at least they did for me)...

Great post

Anonymous said...

Actually I conclude there are more Bisexuals than gay. Yes I can agree that the "curious" can be a shield. Unfortunately I find that way too many gay men are completely unaccepting of bisexuals.

Jeffrey said...

My thoughts on bi-curiousity: I dated a guy once who said he had "experimented with guys in college". Um, I don't want to be your 'experiment', thanks.

jim said...

I really was not making a statement about bisexual people, it was really more about the people who seems consider themselves "curious". At first I can buy it, but how long can you be curious before you figure it out?

RB said...

Looking for a hookup with K's permission?? Really. That's different. Don't remember reading about this part of the story.

Did you ever do a post on how you and T met?

T said...

Jim was still bi-curious when he met me. He was about four or five years into it...LOL.

Buddy Bear said...

I've had e-mails from married guys who say they have had sex with men (including anal) for over thirty years and still consider themselves to be "straight." Talk about denial!!

T said...

Buddy Bear,
Don't judge these men. They are right to call themselves "straight". They are "straight...up the ass."
:)))

Stephen said...

There are some statements about if men are truly bi or a shield for being gay.
I am bisexual...I find both men and women attractive. I have questioned if I was gay I won't lie but how does one know...

if you can answer that let me know

wstephen66@gmail.com