Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Well, it is probably gives me too much credit to say I had a plan, but a lot of things are going just the way I had hoped they would.  There are still things to do.  There are still some changes I have to work out, but most of the really hard work is done.  


I no longer have regrets about coming out.  More than ever before I am sure that it was the right thing to do.


I am (mostly) not worried about the future.  Thing are returning to an even keel and I can feel the old me, returning to the surface.




In many ways, am happier than I have been in a long time.  I have my best friend who loves me and I love her.  We are resolved that we will co-parent our children together, at least for the foreseeable future.  I am determined that K will not be a single mom and she is determined that I will not be a dad separated from his kids.  


We are going to stay in the house we have for the time being.  


The house has formal dining room that we have never used that way.  Right now there is a computer that the kids use, some toys and a large piece buffet that my mother gave me.  But we really don't use the room for much.


When the house was built there was an option to put a set of French doors on the room and make it into a den.  K knows some contractors who can help up put that in.  The opening to the room would have to be framed some before the doors can be put in, but I think for a skilled contractor, it feels like about a days work. 


This would give each of us our own space and keep us together with the kids.  Since we still love and like each other  We should be able to pull this off nicely.



No comments: